Social Executive team is responsible for the organisation of ICSN’s social calendar and gatherings thought out the year. In addition they are also responsible for looking at ways of increasing inclusion and engagement levels within our events to reinforce unity within this Igbo organisation.
- Responsible for the planning and execution of all ICSN social events including General House meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Should arrange trips to see other Igbo organisations’ events.
- Ensuring event venues are set-up before members arrive (including for General House Meetings)
- Ensuring event venues are cleaned up after events (including General House Meetings)
- Networking throughout event to ensure no-one is left out (making extra effort with newer members)
- Be willing to promote ICSN at networking events (i.e. Festivals, Conferences etc)
- Supporting with the overall running of GHM (supporting the Hosts)
- Arranging Venues for larger events (Gathering prices and issuing purchase orders)
- Arranging Decorations for events (when necessary)
- Arranging Food and Drinks for events (including General House Meetings)
- Arranging for Entertainment for events (i.e. DJ’s MC’s, Dancers, Special Quest etc)
- Should investigate what Igbo members want from a social perspective.
If you are considering becoming a future Social Executive or you have any questions or suggestions on how to enhance this role please feel free to get in contact with us via email at email@example.com